My Wonderful Blessed Life

My Wonderful Blessed Life

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

~As Easter Approaches~

Easter is one of my favorite times of year, and definitely one of my favorite holidays. Christ Arose on this day...this blessed day! How could it not be one of my favorites? As always, I try to remember the reason for the day, and try not to focus too much on the other things.

I love Easter Sunday! I love getting dressed up and going to church with my family and having a nice big lunch afterwards! The weather is always pretty nice on Easter, and it's just always been a great day spent with family.

I remember the Easter after my grandfather passed away, his presence was definitely missed at the table. This year will be bittersweet. This will be the first Easter and really first holiday without my Nana. My heart aches just writing this thinking about how much she will be missed this weekend, and how much she is missed every single day. My brother is also in Arkansas working, so he won't be here this Easter either, which makes me hurt too.

 I am excited though that it is our first Easter with our precious baby. I'm so excited thinking about Warren and I being the Easter Bunny for the first time, and putting out Easter eggs for her to look for, and selecting her perfect 1st Easter dress and basket.

We will spend Easter in Millen with my family, as we always do, but I'm not sure what the plan is at this point. I know we will set up the Easter Bunny for Bowdre, and my parents are going to put out eggs for a hunt. I'm sure we will go to church and have some sort of a feast afterwards. Although there will be excitement surrounding Bowdre and the reason for the day, there will be also lots of sadness in all of us, as we miss those who can't be here and who are no longer here on Earth with us.

Please pray for my family, as I know this weekend will be hard. Pray that we always try to find the excitement in the small things and know that those who aren't with us physically are with us emotionally. I want Bowdre's 1st Easter to be one to remember!

As you saw in my previous post, the Easter Bunny visit was quite a disaster, but her outfit was just to cute not to photograph with her in it! So here are some cute pictures of Bowdre in her Easter bubble (after we had visited the Easter Bunny).

Happy Easter everyone, and I pray that you have a great day spent with family.

"He Arose, He Arose, Hallelujah Christ Arose"











No comments:

Post a Comment