My Wonderful Blessed Life

My Wonderful Blessed Life

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

~My Guardian Angel~


Wow...this post is probably the hardest thing I've ever had to write. Because, of this, I will keep it short and sweet. My sweet sweet Nana went on to be with the Lord on Thursday, January 15, 2015, at 8:00 a.m. She was 92 years old. To say this was unexpected, isn't really true, but it was very sudden. I guess over the past year, I have been blind to some of her decline. She hasn't been as hungary and was growing weaker and weaker...as most people do when they get older. But she was still Nana, as independant as ever. We could tell on Christmas Day that she wasn't feeling great, but she wanted to wait until the next day to go into the hospital. My parents took her the next day, and she was released shortly thereafter. After a few days, when she didn't improve, we decided to go ahead and take her back in. It was determined that she probably had the flu at some point, and it had developed into pnemonia, which as you know for anyone isn't great, especially not for a 92 year old lady. She fought hard though, but as the doctors tried to treat her, things that would help one part, would hurt another part. She grew weaker, completely lost her appetite, and was just tired. I also believe she was ready.

She was and still is my very best friend. Every thing and major event in my life, she has been there for. She lived with me and my family my whole life, so this is a devastating loss for all.


I have to say that I have do have peace, even in the grief. I knew she was getting ready and now she is in the presence of God walking down those streets of gold hand in hand with my granddaddy and all of the loved ones that she has lost along life's journey.


I am so thankful that I had my Nana for 28 years and that she was able to go and do things with us up until the very end. I'm so thankful that she got to meet Warren and see us get married; that she saw my brother graduate from college; that she saw us buy our first house; she saw my parents wedding business grow; and mostly, that she got to meet and spend time with her great-granddaugther! For these things, I'm forever thankful!

I'm happy that these past few months, even though they were hard for her because of her weaknesses, she got to participate in many many activities. November saw Warren and Mark's birthdays, Bowdre's baby dedication, and Thanksgiving. December saw my birthday, the family reunion, and Christmas. She also saw the passing of another year go by!

To say I was close to my Nana is a complete understatement. She was like a second mom to me, a grandmother, and a best friend all in one. She was and is my rock, and I miss her very very much. Life will truly never ever be the same, and saying good bye to her is the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but I know that I will see her again one day.


Please keep my family in your prayers, as we learn to live without our rock. I will miss so many things, and maybe eventually in another blog on down the road I'll be able to list all of the many things I will miss about her, but I'm just not quite ready to do that yet. I still need to grieve and find my way.


Until then, Nana, I love you and miss you! Keep watching over our family and being our sweet sweet guardian angel! Here are a few of my favorite pictures throughout the years.


Here is the link to her obituary:
http://www.crowefieldsfuneral.com/fh/obituaries/obituary.cfm?o_id=2916644&fh_id=12314


No comments:

Post a Comment