My Wonderful Blessed Life

My Wonderful Blessed Life

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

~Our Hilton Head New Year's First Family Vacation~


Every New Year's that Warren and I have been together, we have gone to Hilton Head for a mini-vacation, most of the time with our friends Leigh Anne and Robby. Leigh Anne has had to work the past 2 years, and since I was pregnant last year and wanted to support Leigh Anne in her new event, we decided not to go. We were super excited this year, when we made the final decision to spend the week at my family's condo in Hilton Head. Warren and I enjoy going over there so much, and it was also a great opportunity for us to bond as a new family of 3 without all the distractions that being home has to offer..."The yard needs cutting," or "I'm in the middle of cooking dinner." Going to Hilton Head this time of year, there really isn't a whole lot to do, especially with a 5 month old in tow. On the flip side though, it's nice to be able to go places and have no wait, and not have much traffic all the time, since Hilton Head is really popular during the summer months. We were able to try some new restaurants, tour some local places that we had never done before, and of course got to do some of our favorite things that we do each and every trip, like breakfast at Skillets Cafe, lunch at Giuseppi's, and a walk from the condo to Harbour Town. Bowdre absolutely loved it and we had a great time ringing in the new year! Here are a few things and pictures that we did while on vacation! I hope you enjoy! If you have never visited Hilton Head before, I highly recommend it!

We made it!

Our first night, we decided to try a new restaurant that we had never been to. We tried Marley's Island Grille...it was delicious! On Wednesday (New Year's Eve), we decided to go do some shopping. We got a few things from the outlets, ate at Robert Irvine's Nosh (total disappointment), and then went car shopping! So much fun!


For New Year's Eve, we headed to a nice dinner at Kingfisher. We couldn't go without getting some pictures first!! 



Bowdre enjoyed dinner too!

The next day, we decided to get out early and have breakfast at Skillets and walk to Harbour Town. I've been down the cart path to Harbour Town several times in my life, but I have to say, walking with my husband and child is the best one yet!

Somebody's enjoying the walk!

We are here!


It was so much fun walking around Harbour Town! Bowdre was amazed by all the sights! She also really enjoys riding in the new carrier Warren got me for Christmas!

I know it looks like Warren carries her all the time, but I did HOLD her while she slept for quite a while...then she woke up and Warren gave her a shoulder ride on the way back!  


Then...well...NAP TIME!

The next day, we wanted to do something new so we decided to tour Fort Mitchel. It was pretty neat with a unique story. Here are a few pictures from our scenic tour!













We had an amazing first family vacation! It was over all too quickly! I can't wait to take Bowdre back in the summer when she's a little older and can really enjoy all that Hilton Head has to offer. I think the thing I'm looking forward to the most is taking her to see Greg Russell play in Harbour Town under the big oak tree!



Side note: I guess I've never in pictures because I'm always the one taking them! 

Here's one! Happy New Year from the Clements!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment