My Wonderful Blessed Life

My Wonderful Blessed Life

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

~Our Fun, But Busy, Weekend~

I always like to make posts about our weekends. #1 reason is because we are so busy it's nice to take a moment and reflect, and #2 so I can always remember what we have done and when...things are a bit busy in our lives right now, and I want to make sure I remember each and every thing!

Friday night, like always it seems, is about grocery shopping and preparing for the weekend and week ahead. Warren is seriously the best husband. Our Friday nights have definitely changed drastically, and he doesn't mind a bit. I've been really busy this past week with starting my French classes, and my parent's have been extremely busy with 8 weddings in a row plus rehearsal dinners too, so Warren has been the one really going the extra mile and helping us all out....and he is also really busy. I really can't say enough how much I appreciate him! He leaves work and goes all the way back to Millen to pick Bowdre up on Friday's and bring her home. He then went to Sam's Club to pick up some things for us and stayed there until I could meet him , then we both shopped around for a bit, followed by grocery shopping at Kroger. Of course, we got home a little late and I had to bathe Bowdre (and he hung out with us) and totally settled for cereal for supper! What a great guy!!! I think then both of us totally zonked out on the couch, I believe during an episode of Swamp People...but I can't be for certain!

On Saturday morning, we got us and had our usual routine. Seriously, Saturday mornings are my absolute favorite! We get Bowdre up, feed her, watch a little TV, and then Warren usually goes and does something outside. This Saturday it was mow the front and back yard, trim bushes, weed eat, clean off the back porch, and blow off the driveway and car port. All while letting me spend lots of great cuddle time with Bowdre. We have our oatmeal, spend time playing, and read lots of books! Also, Saturday's are the one day of the week that I allow myself to have coffee...and I love that!! It's a great routine, and I enjoy it very much! Here are a couple of pictures from our play/eat time this Saturday morning...


On Saturday afternoon, I headed to a friends baby shower! She's having twins!! Wow...I couldn't imagine! We got to see my good friend Kim and her daughter Scarlett at the party! One of the reasons I'm excited to move back to Statesboro is that we will be closer to Kim, John and Scarlett! We love them, and we had a great time hanging out at the baby shower!

 When we got home, we just played a while with Bowdre and decided to grill something really good for dinner! We had steaks, grilled corn, and a yummy salad! A perfect mommy-daddy date night dinner at home! Again, after that, we both passed out on the couch...I believe during National Lampoon's but I can't be for sure!

On Sunday, Warren wasn't feeling very well so we didn't make it to Church. He worked really hard the day before outside, and I believe was having some issues probably due to allergies with all the pollen. I'm sure the grass cutting didn't help either! Around 1:30, I headed off to Millen for Bowdre's 9 month pictures with the wonderful Krista Powell! Seriously, Bowdre was adorable! We got some pictures of her sitting and standing in her beautiful outfit from Dollcake oh so girly! I love love love that store! It is a hand-made outfit all the way from Australia, and she was the cutest baby EVER in it! Here is a sneak peek of the beautiful photos...I can not wait to see the rest!
After an hour session, Bowdre and I headed back to Savannah. Our friends Brooke and Micah Baldwin, who live just a few houses down from us, invited us for dinner! It was a wonderful meal. Micah made chicken cordon bleu, sauteed green beans, and sauteed onions and mushrooms! Delicious! Bowdre had a great time playing with their HUGE yellow lab, Cash. She pretty much would follow him around, and then he would turn around and chase her...it was adorable!
We had a wonderful, but busy, weekend filled with lots of fun things! We were also quite tired from it all, so thankfully, this weekend was a 3-day weekend with Memorial Day being on Monday...but more about Memorial Day in another post.

I hope you had a wonderful weekend spent with family! I know how much I enjoy and treasure weekends with mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment