My Wonderful Blessed Life

My Wonderful Blessed Life

Monday, May 18, 2015

~Farmer's Market Saturday~

Warren and I were going to be home all weekend without any major plans (which is a rarity), so we decided to do something different and fun. I have heard lots of good things about the Farmer's Market on Wilmington Island...so we decided we would go and see what all the fuss was about! I'm so glad we did! We had a great time! Bowdre has been a little under the weather the past few days, so we didn't want to travel any, so something right around the corner was perfect...and I think she was more than happy to get out of the house for a bit!
There were so many fun vendors represented at the market. There was a group selling beef and poultry from Sylvania, another man from Darien selling beef and bison and even elk, and they there were the typical fruit and vegetable vendors. Bakeries, artists, and even food trucks were also there! Seriously...how do you choose from all this deliousness?!?! Yeah...it was hard! Warren decided to try homemade oatmeal from Savannah Oatmeal Company and even bought some blueberry. I indulged a bit, and tried a wonderful chocolate chip cookie from a local bakery, Flirting with Dessert! And then Warren and I both decided to feast on some fresh, hot boiled peanuts! Can life get any better? A year ago, fruits and vegetables at a farmer's market would not have sounded appealing or appetizing at all to me...but now that I have changed my way of living and eating, I really enjoyed looking at all the fresh foods and actually craving them! The Farmer's Market also had special guests on Saturday. Chef Bobby Deen and his wife Claudia came to talk about healthy eating and living and even did a food demonstration. Let me tell you, that girl can make a killer smoothie!
It wasn't really crowded at all, so we were able to talk to them and really enjoy what they had to say. Bowdre also got to meet Paula....she basically leapt out of my arms and into Paula's!

We really had a lot of fun trying something new and different and just spending time together as a family.


No comments:

Post a Comment