My Wonderful Blessed Life

My Wonderful Blessed Life

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

~1st Day at Kindermusik~

Bowdre really loves music! Ever since she was a tiny baby, we have always tried to incorporate music into her life, whether that be singing to her, clapping and tapping, or having music playing in the background. I think music is so important, and studies prove that those who have some sort of introduction into music tend to be smarter academically...so bring on the music!

That being said, I decided to enroll Bowdre and I into a Kindermusik class. For those of you who aren't familiar with it (imagine me telling my husband about this class...it was so funny), it's a child music curriculum, that helps with child development in many ways. It helps develop their language, social, emotional and physical skills, while being so much fun! A fun statistical fact: children who are enrolled in Kindermusik show a 32% more literacy gain over those who are not enrolled in this type of course.

Even with all of the obvious reasons we chose to do this class, it also gave Bowdre and I something really fun to do together. I love music of all forms, and I think Bowdre will to! Our teacher is Mrs. Hillary Zeigler, and she is wonderful!

Our first day was last Monday, August 3rd, and we had a fabulous time! Bowdre really enjoyed it, and seemed to catch on really quickly!  We sing, dance, walk, stomp, sway, glide, and so much more! There are musical toys, bubbles, and scarves too!

The scarves are definitely Bowdre's favorite!




We can't wait until class next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment