My Wonderful Blessed Life

My Wonderful Blessed Life

Monday, April 20, 2015

Heritage/Hilton Head Family Vacation 2015

My family owns a condo in Hilton Head on the 9th hole of the Heritage/Harbour Town golf course! Every other year, we get to have it for the Heritage golf tournament, which always takes place the week after the Master's in Augusta! This year was our year!! My parents had a wedding at Quinney Oaks, so unfortunately they couldn't come this year, but Warren and I took the opportunity to make a week family vacation! Things have been really crazy and hectic for us lately, so we really wanted to spend lots of time together with Bowdre just having fun and relaxing. Even though the weather wasn't desirable, we still made the most of our time in Hilton Head and vowed to come back as often as we can this summer!

We got there on Wednesday afternoon and decided to go ahead and go grocery shopping! Thursday's weather was pretty bad, so Bowdre and I just spend some time together while Warren did a little work and walked outside to see some golf.
Morning time with Mom!

Enjoying her vacation!
Warren had rented some bikes for us for the week so that we could have some family fun! But first, we had to buy Bowdre a helmet! She wasn't a fan at first, but I think she got used to it!
I think it fits!
When the weather cleared up, she was all set for her first bike ride!
Bowdre's first bike ride!

Check me out Mom!




I'm holding on!!
She had so much fun! I can't believe how big my baby is getting...tear :)

The next day, we slept in a little bit, and then headed to Skull Creek Boathouse for lunch...it's my favorite place...best shrimp salad on the PLANET. Bowdre enjoyed it as well, and apparently Sophie was on her lunch menu.
Yummy Sophie!
After lunch, we headed back to the condo so Bowdre could take a nap. Warren and I napped too! Hey...what is vacation for? Once we got up and started moving again, we decided to head over to the Salty Dog for a early dinner! Taking the bikes was so much fun. We were able to take our time and enjoy the scenery. It was a 3 mile bike ride one way. I haven't ridden my bike that long since I was a child. But, hey the work out was nice! Poor Warren...he had to carry the diaper bag and the baby, what a load!

Once we got to Salty Dog, we just enjoyed the beautiful scenery and split a lobster roll...so good!



I can't have a lobster roll...but my veggie puffs sure are tasty!

Do you think I can fit my fist in my mouth...I think I can!

Family Vacation 2015
On Saturday, Leigh Leigh and Uncle Rob came for a day visit. We had a great time hanging out with them, playing with Bowdre, and watching some golf!
Men and golf!

She loves her Leigh Leigh!
Overall, we had the best trip! Although the weather wasn't nice enough for the beach or pool, we had a great time together! It was some much needed rest and relaxation!

No comments:

Post a Comment