My Wonderful Blessed Life

My Wonderful Blessed Life

Thursday, June 11, 2015

~Girls Beach Weekend~

This past weekend, Kacey and I decided to take off to Hilton Head for a "girls only" beach weekend. I can't even begin to tell you how long this was overdue. Kacey and I grew up together. We went to elementary, middle and high school, played sports, and just spent lots and lots of time together. Life has honestly seemed so busy since then. Between college, marriage, and kids, it seems like we both have let so much time go by. Thankfully, when we are together it seems like no time has gone by at all, and we just pick up right where we left off. Kacey and her husband Marcus have 3 beautiful children. Bentley is 4, Sophie is 2, and Cason is just a little over a year. Saying she is busy is an understatement. Here are a few pictures...
Kacey and I during our Junior year of high school

Lake Weekend

Kacey and I at her rehearsal dinner

Kacey and Marcus the night before they got married

Meeting Mr. Bentley

At my wedding...
 It's so fun to reminisce. So anyway, back to the girls weekend. We met in Hilton Head on Friday afternoon and just had fun catching up and letting our girls play together. Sophie kept saying "My Bowdre." It was so cute! Our first night, we had to make a trip to Giuseppi's.
Then on Saturday, we had a fun-filled beach day!



On Saturday night, we headed to Crazy Crab for dinner...and because I'm a foody, I had to take a picture of my wonderful meal!
On Sunday, Kacey and Sophie had to head back to Millen so that the kids could go to VBS. I can't even begin to express how much fun I had this weekend. I think the biggest thing is watching our children play together...what a wonderful blessing it is! I can't wait to do it again soon! Maybe next time we will take the whole family, guys and all...or maybe not!

On Sunday after Kacey and Sophie left, Bowdre and I laid down for a nice long nap. Have I mentioned that I love baby feet?
After we had packed up, we had to make one more stop...Skull Creek Boathouse for lunch!
It really was a fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment