My Wonderful Blessed Life

My Wonderful Blessed Life

Friday, December 4, 2015

~Thanksgiving 2015~

For Thanksgiving this year, my family decided to break tradition and do things a little differently. Probably the main reason is that my Nana isn't with us this year, so none of us wanted to sit around the house thinking about that all day. Another reason is that my parents have a full house right now and always seem to be cooking or cleaning, and when they aren't doing it for us, they are doing it for their business. For those reasons, we decided to go to the Pinnacle Club in Augusta. If you are wondering what the PC is, it is a membership only club, where they have mostly fine dining, but also other things as well. Growing up, we used to go there for really special occasions, and it was always one of my favorite things to do. I loved getting all dressed up and having dinner overlooking Augusta (it's on the 17th floor of a building in downtown Augusta). Since they were having a Thanksgiving lunch buffet, we decided to go there.

I can't even begin to describe how much awesome food they had. Turkey, dressing, mac-n-cheese, steamed broccoli, fresh green beans, sweet potato souffle, prime rib, mashed potatoes, and swordfish with a lobster cream sauce. This is just the beginning! They also had numerous salads and some of the best she crab soup. Of course there was an amazing dessert spread as well!

I'm so glad we decided to spend Thanksgiving there this year...and hopefully, we will make this part of our new tradition, as everyone seemed to really enjoy themselves...even Miss Bowdre!


After lunch, of course we had to snap some family pictures!




After parting, we were all stuffed...and one little girl was tired!
I'm so blessed with so many things that God has given me. A strong faith, a loving husband, a beautiful smart and healthy baby girl, a wonderful supportive family, awesome friends, a great job, a place to live, and our health. These are just to name a few. Even though we missed Nana tremendously today and every day, I am so thankful for the years I got to spend with her!

Happy Thanksgiving from the Clements' and the Rocker's! We hope your day is filled with love, joy, family, peace, and lots of yummy food!






No comments:

Post a Comment